Monday, March 30, 2015

Day 7: Port Augusta Rest Day

Collis and I have stayed in a cabin overnight so haven’t seen much of the riders today. I did do some laundry down near the camp kitchen and caught up with Gareth (who had very little planned for the day off) and Kirsten (who was heading out to the botanical gardens for a coffee). Everyone else seemed to be out of camp and doing some sightseeing.

Collis & I got some chores done and then we did the big shop for the two bush camps coming up. When we got back we found our electricity was off and had been for awhile. Some concern as I had a packet of Magnum ice-creams in the freezer for todays treat day. Annie and I had decided to bring our treat day one day forward as this Wednesday was a bush camp and I could safely say there would be no ice creams available out there. I sent Collis down to find Annie and tell her that we had an emergency as the ice creams were melting and had to be eaten. She was very quick to arrive but sadly they were beyond the nice slightly melted stage and we had to virtually drink them.


The cabin was too hot to remain inside so we went down to the camp kitchen for a cup of tea and the briefing. After the briefing the group were all cooking in tonight but Collis and I went to the Augusta Hotel for dinner and to catch up with my dear friend Denny and her husband Steve. Denny and I worked together about 10 years ago. Collis ordered a rump steak and it was huge, hanging over the sides of his plate and nicely cooked. I ordered the Salt & Pepper Squid entree and it was also a huge serving. We had a lovely night and we hope to catch up with these two up the road and eventually in Darwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment