Monday, May 25, 2015

Day 10: Lake Argyle to Kununurra

I can't believe I missed this mornings sunrise. I even took the camera to bed with me but woke way after the sun came up. Apparently I didn't miss much but I was sure I would be awake. We were so tired last night that we were in bed by 8.15 pm and I was asleep within 15 minutes of hitting the pillow. Slept like a log. Wonderful!

Very short day today with only a 70 km ride. Everyone was gone by 7.30 am and morning tea was 35 kms down the road at 8.30 am. The ride out of Lake Argyle is truly spectacular especially when there is no traffic, the wind is up your bottom and the morning has perfect riding temperatures. The scenery was fantastic.

Annie managed to make up the 60 kms that she had missed over the last couple of days by doing extra mileage today, so not a short day for everyone. Geoff was number one on strava today and holds the all time record for this leg- he was very pleased with himself.

The midgies, sand flies and mozzies were ridiculous tonight and I have a fresh set of bites all over the body beautiful. Most of us had a cook in and shared our dinner of BBQ and salads. I may have had a little too much wine to drink as I am no longer used to it. Enjoyed the night though.

No comments:

Post a Comment