Sunday, July 26, 2015

Day 16: Esperence to Salmon Gums

I took a quarter of a sleeping tablet last night and with my new thermals I was toastey and warm and slept straight through. Apparently I didn't wake up to Collis' call to nature or some arguing in camp around 2.30 am. I love my new clothes!

Everyone was away by 8 am and it was a great days ride except for a little drizzle early in the day. The weather cleared and was fine for the rest of the day. Lunch was at Grass Patch which had a very interesting history of the local hero who received a Victorian Cross. Quiet small little town with a quaint little pub.

The day finished at Salmon Gums where Collis shouted everyone Pizza for tea at the local pub. It was lovely and warm by the pub's fire and Collis got to watch the Swans being slaughtered by West Coast.

I went to have a late shower only to find that the water was freezing cold and couldn't work out how to fix it in the dark so I went to bed unclean.

No comments:

Post a Comment