Thursday, July 2, 2015

Day 25: Kalbarri Rest Day


Our last rest day for this leg. I hope the riders are making the most of it although we don't have any really long rides left. Collis and I have slept in till quite late and then decided to go for a quick walk down to the waters edge. WELL..... not quite so quick. It was supposed to be a 1.5 km walk down the drive but ended up being much longer (my guess would be 3 kms) and once through the farm gate we were walking through huge sand dunes which seemed to go on forever. I enjoyed the walk down there and the beach was worth the effort but the walk back nearly killed me. The sweat was pouring off me and the poor old heart was pounding. Collis kept stopping and waiting for me but then afterwards I find out this was because he too was struggling. Beautiful white sand but so many flies.

In the afternoon we went for a drive around to Port Gregory just to have a look. Nothing much there- it's just a sleepy holiday town with the general store gone out of business. Went past the Pink Lake which for some reason wasn't looking it's usual pink self.

Sunset tonight was a little better than yesterday but not spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment