Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Day 22: Wooramel to Hamelin Pool Station


Cool morning this morning with the riders heading off earlyish. The surrounds here are very relaxing and it would be nice to have a few days. A lot of the caravanners said they come for one night and stay for at least three.

Morning tea was at a pull in with lots of horse dung supplying a lovely aroma for our break. Jill and Jurgen rode together today and Gareth behind alone. Lunch was at the Overland Roadhouse. I got abused by a monkey who was too scared to overtake me (he was pulling a caravan) then started flashing his lights at me, right up my arse so I couldn't pull over even if I wanted to and then dropping back, then speeding up. I eventually pulled over so he could pass when he flew past with his hand on the horn. When we got to the Overland, there he was, stepped out in front of the car with his hand stretched out for me to stop. I gave him the finger and kept driving over to Collis. Quickly told Collis this was the dick and that he was following me over before I put all my windows up. He started banging on the drivers window yelling at me when Collis interfered. He got a bit nervous when he had to deal with a male driver and then puts his hand out to shake Collis' hand. I jumped out of the car to have my say but he just walked off ignoring me. Dead shit.

On we went to Hamelin Station and picked out an area for the riders to camp and then a spot for us. Beautifully run park with shell grit to camp on. The kitchen and dining area here is just great with telecom access in this area only. They also have dinner packs for sale with meat and veggies which you cook yourself.

The riders went down to check out the stromatolites but Collis and I have seen them a few times now. We had a great view of the sunset from our camp site and had drinkies and nibbles here before heading down for dinner. Jill and Jurgen made some new friends from Victoria and had drinks and dinner with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment